Apply for an H1B work visa for Philadelphia

Someone who has a high level of education (such as a bachelor’s degree or higher) could be eligible to work in a specialty occupation in the United States on an H1B work visa. This visa is available only for these types of specialty occupations, which are defined as such because they require such a high level of education and skill. In other words, not just anyone can apply for an H1B work visa. If you think you qualify for one, read on! 

Work in Philadelphia on an H1B work visa

The H1B visa is available to Canadian citizens and foreign nationals who are in specialty occupations. You must be able to prove that you have a very specific skill set and level of education, when you apply. But before you apply for the H1B work visa yourself, your employer has to file certain documents for you.

First, your employer must file a request with the State Employment Security Agency that determines they pay the prevailing wage for the job that you have been offered.

Next, your employer will have to file a Labour Condition Attestation with the US Department of Labor. This attestation is an important document that discusses particulars about the job, the hiring practices of the company when it comes to foreign workers, the wages paid to those foreign workers and more.

Lastly, your employer needs to file a petition for an H1B work visa with the INS, which needs to be approved before you can apply.

H1B work visa lawyers serving Philadelphia and surrounding areas

Are you interested in applying for an H1B work visa? Do you have a bachelor’s degree or higher and work in a specialty occupation? There is a cap for the H1B work visa, meaning that only a certain amount of them are given out each year. This means that the H1B visa application process can be very competitive, and you must know where and when to apply.

We are an award-winning team of immigration lawyers/attorneys who have dealt with many H1B work visa applications. We can help you too. Contact us at the above number to speak with a licensed immigration attorney today, to ask for advice, to ask questions or to set up an assessment of your case and situation. We are here to help you!

Any information provided here does not constitute legal advice and is intended for general information only. Should you require legal advise, you are encouraged to contact a lawyer directly. All blog postings are public and are not subject to solicitor/client confidentially. Case results depend on a variety of factors unique to each case, and case results do not guarantee or predict a similar result in any further case undertaken by the lawyer.



Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.